[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fireball Reporting (was Re: (meteorobs) Pre-Moon Observations)

lew<<
 PS: Folks, that altitude correction is important. If you see what
 looks like a -1 or -2 meteor low enough to the horizon, you have
 probably seen a fireball... Report it if you can!

Perhaps if extremely low? I think the cutoff for IMO fireball reporting is
-3?  The -3 figure already takes into some account for those seen low along
the horizon to reach fireball status of greater than the brightest planets at
around -5. I don't think they will record in FIDAC of meteors with magnitudes
of -1 and -2? At least I haven't seen any yet that they have listed?
GeoZay