[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Early Perseids

Hi Lew and others,

We can confirm that the Perseids appear already discernable as such last
nights. Koen (Miskotte), Carl (Johannink), Arnold (Tukkers), Rita
(Verhoef) and me a.o. al noted a few specimens last week and weekend.
Activity is low (a few each nights) but noticable; radiant in northern
Andromeda a few degrees northeast of M31. This is not unusual, they
should be starting up around the second week of July. Actually, Koen and
I for many years now observe Perseid-like meteors from the theoretical
radiant position already at closing days of June. In all cases, it concerned
perhaps 2 a night and it might be chance lign-ups of sporadics, but it is
that consistent last years that Koen and I are starting to feel that this
are indeed vanguard Perseids.

- Marco Langbroek (DMS, Netherlands)