[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #81

Because I really enjoy photographing the night sky, I perused the
suggestions for meteor photography on NAMS website.  They were excellent!
A couple of additional things should be noted there.

Before photgraphing night skies, always take a standard daylight photo as
the 1st picture on the roll.  This will allow processing technicians to
properly align the negatives for cutting.  It is sometimes difficult for
them to tell where the "frame boundaries" are with night shots, and they may
inadvertantly cut your best negative in half!

It's also a good practice to include a note explaining that most of the roll
cnsists of time exposures of the sky, and you want ALL negatives printed. To
some technicians, a night sky time exposure simply looks like a "bad
negative". To save you money, they won't bother to print it.

Just wanted to pass along some things I've learned (the hard way) over the
years.
terry