[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Pre-Dawn Obs July 23/24 and 25/26

  kim>> On Monday morning I must have misread my planetarium software,
as it indicated a setting moon at around 4:00 UT.  However, the moon
actually didn't set until more like 4:30, so this period was observed
under
moonlight until that time.  Rates were high from then until just after
9:00
UT, as I saw 12 meteors in only 35 minutes of Teff.   For what it's
worth, here it is...

OBSERVER:  Kim S. Youmans  (YOUKI)
DATE:  07-25/26-99
BEGIN: 08:05 UT  END 09:18 UT  LOCATION:  Treutlen Co, Ga.
82. 24' 25" W;  32. 24' 45" N
METHOD: Tape    Elev 240 ft
Facing SSE 1 periods
Sky 0% obscured:  Moonlight (near full) first 20 minutes.

Period 1  08:05 - 09:18 UT  PER(1) CAP(1) SDA (1)  PAU(1) SPO(09)  Teff
= 1.3<<

I'm trying to figure from your report, where does the 35 minutes of Teff come
in? Or is it 1.3 Teff hours and you are somehow referring to a 35 minute
period within the 1.3 hours?

You also seem to indicate that you observed from 4:00 UT till 9:00 UT but
come up with only 35 minutes of Teff or 1.3 hours? Did you take an unshown
break?

The way you have it worded, it doesn't make much apparent sense?
GeoZay