[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseids - watch close!

Hello Observers:

 It seems the Perseids were a bit better on eclipse day :)

In any event, I have noticed over the years observing them the
following;

Perseids come in spurts.

 You can be observing and in one hour see lots, then the next hour
you may see very few and think the thing is over. Next hour you may
get a few more then more again after that.

 This pattern is there and if I do not see over 20 Perseids it is then
in it's sleep mode. So I watch the next hour and then there are more.
The worst thing is that you are showing people it and the shower goes
into a sleep mode with them seeing 2-8 meteors in an hour. After they
get bored and some leave it gets lively again!

Mike