[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Atmosphere interference?

Hello;

 Just wondering if any radio observers are having problems detecting
meteors?
 I'm working on 83.25 MHz and for nearly a week have been getting a loud
picture sync on the frequency I monitor. It sometimes very slowly fades
from pining my needle at 5/5 to 1/5 then comes back in to 5/5. It is
almost like am ocean wave but much slower. I wanted to try the Aries-
Triangulids this weekend but it does not sound promising. Looking at my
logbook the interference started about Aug.26. Last year at this time I
had no problems with interference.

We tested the cavity filter and it was off about 300 Hertz and we then
corrected to the frequency I monitor with a specturm analyizer.

 I am going to guess it is probally atmospherics and solar activity?

Below is what I use;

Location: Halifax, Canada (63 36'W, 44 39'N, 58 meters above sea level)
Listening Frequency: 83.25 MHz
Receiver: Icom R-10
Antenna : resonant dipole
Antenna Direction: Horizontally polarized with lobes in E-W plane, elev 0 deg
Filter  : high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter between antenna & receiver.
Listening Mode: AM

Mike

Follow-Ups: References: