[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) - meteor sighting Tuesday morning

For Chip in Pensacola, that was a good report on the Tuesday fireball.
We are not all "technical"; many of us just enjoy the beauty and mystery
of nature.

Fireballs of this apparent size and duration typically are seen for
hundreds of miles and are a lot farther away than you think. Years ago I
saw one in Maryland that deposited meteorites in upper New York State
and was also seen south of here in Virginia. Probably there will be more
observations on what you saw. I hope so; it sounds like a good
one.--Richard Hall