[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Plotting: Three Stooges Method

In a message dated 9/6/99 2:11:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time, chall@cyberusdot ca
writes:

> I keep all my important stuff... clipboard with plotting maps, pencils, and
>  pocket tape recorder... inside my sleeping bag, on my lap.  That way, I
>  always know where they are.  My sleeping bag is inside a custom made 'body
>  bag', stitched from heavy reinforced silver survival tarps... keeps my
>  sleeping bag protected from moisture from heavy dew and frost, and helps to
>  reflect my body heat back inwards in the winter.
>  <good stuff snipped>

>  Only problem up here is mosquitoes sometimes, if they are numerous...  The
>  observing frustrations up here tend to come in the wintertime... accidently
>  breathing on your glasses and frosting them over... dropping everything as
>  you're wearing heavy gloves...

I solve these two problems by getting a Goretex muff from a camping store. I
strap it around my waist then I can put my pencils, 6" ruler, mini-tape
recorder in the muff. I then stuff my hands in there, keeping them warm and
having quick access to these items. This also solves my problem of having to
wear gloves that are too bulky to write with.

KevinK
~~~~~~