[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) alpha-Triangulids Reception

Hello

> Just went out to the car to 'test the waters' and see (hear?) if there are
> any meteor signals on the FM broadcast band. Here (north of Toronto,
> Ontario) on 104.9 MHz, I heard 20 bursts in 6 minutes. Current time is 0630
> UT. So, if the peak is tomorrow, it should be good.
> Phil Gebhardt
> pgebhardt@compuserve.com

 I find it difficult to believe that you are hearing meteors on a car
radio (?)when I am fighting tropospheric interference and have not heard a
meteor ping for 3 weeks or so now. I'm in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I use the
following;

Observer: Michael Boschat
Location: Halifax, Canada (63 36'W, 44 39'N, 58 meters above sea level)
Listening Frequency: 83.25 MHz
Receiver: Icom R-10
Antenna : resonant dipole
Antenna Direction: Horizontally polarized with lobes in E-W plane, elev 0 deg
Filter  : high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter between antenna & receiver.
Listening Mode: AM

Mike

Halifax Center - RASC