[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fwd Re: (meteorobs) Sighting, Raleigh NC USA, 05:00 EDT 18 Sep 1999

Note that Jim is not a current subscriber of 'meteorobs'. If you reply, be
sure to MANUALLY put 'DEFIANTJH@cs.com' in your "CC:" line!    -Lew Gramer

------- Forwarded Message

From: DEFIANTJH@cs.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 22:39:28 EDT
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Sighting, Raleigh NC USA, 05:00 EDT 18 Sep 1999
To: ko0u@os.com, meteorobs@jovian.com
CC: DEFIANTJH@cs.com

I thought it was a transformer when I first saw it - but there are no
transformers on poles in out community, and the only angle of sight put this
clearly in the sky. Also, this was several nights after "Floyd" and there was
no adverse weather to cause an overload. No houses lost power in the
community, either. I was hoping someone else might report it, but one of the
local TV stations checked for me, and no one else (besides me and my
neighbor) reported anything.
thanks, -jim

------- End of Forwarded Message