[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) September rates from South Georgia

At 12:23 PM 1999-09-30 -0700, you wrote:
>Kim,
>
>This is an interesting format in which to present your observations.
>Thanks for sharing it with us.

....except that the lines were so long that they did not wrap around
properly; maximum number of characters can be 80, and most folks set their
e-mailers for 78 characters (some "modern" e-mailers have taken that
freedom away from the user and no longer allow you to set that parameter).
Since reflector e-mail has to be ASCII text to avoid other problems, no
tabs can be used for spacing (I'm not sure tabs were used anyway). Here,
the report appeared with most lines wrapped around and difficult to read. I
prefer the way Kim used to do his reports; more compact, easier to read,
and not nearly as many lines to scroll up and down through. And if I wanted
to copy data to plug into a spreadsheet, there would be fewer blank spaces
due to the spacing between data inserted into the cells of the spreadsheet.

I'm sorry, Kim; but it didn't work for me. ;o(

SteveH