[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Leonids 1999 plans in Southern CA, USA?

Hi, =)   (I am not sure how to address your name)

 Yes, I agree, Joshua Tree in Winter is VERY Cold!  I thought about going to
Death Valley since the mountains are to the west not east and is warmer, but
changed my mind.

 Actually I am not concerned about snow.  IF it snow, most likely the sky is
covered with clouds and I wouldn't stay there for nothing.  I will either
continue to drive East to Neddles or come back home, go to Ventura or some
where.  Hopefully Weather report will help me to save gas and know it ahead of

time.

 IF you are interested to go to Joshua Tree, and it's not snowing, it is still

VERY COLD, so, be prepared.  During night time, it's possible to be icy as
well.  But, it will be dark and the community light north of Joshua is far and

blocked by Northern Hills/Rocks, Palm Spring from South is much farther and
also blocked.  It's dark and that's my reason to drive 135 miles to go to
Joshua Trees.

 At night, We plan to stay near the South (Low attitude and a bit warmer),
During day I plan to do some climbing at the North.  No, We don't have a
campground reserved yet.  They are rarely full, especially not in cold winter,

and not during weekday night, and not a week before Thanksgiving
Vacation...etc...  I will keep it flexible in case weather change...etc.

 If you are interested or anyone else is interested, email me direct at
"kenneth_jang@rsmi.com"

 Thanks and hope to see you there.

Kenneth Jang

meteorobs@jovian.com on 10/28/99 05:48:43 PM