[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonid storm predictions

In a message dated 11/9/99 3:52:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au writes:

<< "... Joe Rao explains how the Earth could run smack into a dense swarm of
 meteoric particles on the morning of November 18th.  If it does, the
 annual Leonid meteor shower could rival, for an hour or so, the awesome
 spectacle that greeted observers in the U.S. Rocky Mountains 33 years
 ago."

 I don't think you will find Joe (or anyone referred to in the article)
 say this at all. >>

I fully agree Rob -- I had nothing to do with this "blurb."  However -- I'm
sure it helped S&T sell a few more magazines! (Remember their banner
proclaiming Comet Austin as a "Monster Comet" on the cover of their February
1990 issue?)

-- joe