[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonid 1999 storm for image intensifiers

Hello to all,
As mentioned in our previous email we had some trouble whit the gsm internetconection on our mobile station DMS Delphinus on location in Spain

But now we are home we will try to get the dv-still pictures from
our image intensifiers (that recorded hundreds of Leonids) as soon as possible on our homepage (after the 22 November)

The estimate magnitudes of the leonids mean that the image intensifiers were very successful but the photo systems seem to be not so fortune ( the photographic mag must be >mag1)

This means that we have some pictures but not the quantity that we recorded in 1998 in china

The average magnitude of the 1999 leonid storm was from +3 to +5, but also some fireballs were observed.

Robert Haas