[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids, Florida 1999, Lew Gramer (GRALE)

My visual Leonids campaign in South Florida this year was largely a success: I had clear skies for most of both the nights of Nov 16/17 and 17/18, witnessing an amazing burst of Leonids in the final 50 minutes before dawn on 17/18. I had the honor of doing hourly reports to the Marshall Space Flight Center each night of the campaign - which I *hope* were of use. And I felt the deep, warm joy of being in the Florida Keys, the Everglades (for one night) and all the wild Florida places in between.

Here's a one-line-per period summary of all my visual data for the trip: Note I had to return to the Keys the final night of 18/19 Nov despite cloudy predictions, and so only got one short period that night.

Lew Gramer, State Street Brokerage