[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) ARCHIVE RESEND: IMO-NEWS: No Leonid observations from Sweden

NOTE: Johan is not a current subscriber to 'meteorobs'. If you wish to
follow up or reply, please MANUALLY put 'johwar@astro.uu.se' in the
"Cc:" line of your email. Forwarded without permission.

Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@jovian.com>

------- Forwarded Message

To: meteorobs@jovian.com
Subject: No Leonid observations from Sweden
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:25:04 +0100
From: Johan Warell <johwar@astro.uu.se>

Dear Mr. Arlt,

Thank you for your kind letter with information about and invitation to
contribute Leonid observations to the IMO.

Unfortunately, Sweden was clouded out except for some very rare and temporary
locations along the east coast. Some observations were performed by two
individuals I know of but they are not usable since no counting was performed.

Margareta Westlund (marwes@saaf.se) drove to Norway to catch a few Leonids,
but she missed the maximum. I think she will report to the IMO if she has not
already done so.

I personally missed the spectacle due to clouds and snowfall. I plan to take
opportunity of the more promising rate calculations for 2001 and 2002 by
spending some vacation at a clear site at the Leonid maximum.

Some meteor observation reports are available at the SAAF website
(http://www.astro.uu.se/popast/SAAF), these are mostly in Swedish.

I hope your observations of the Leonids were successful! I hope to be able to
contribute meteor observations at other occations!

Best wishes,

Johan

Johan Warell
Uppsala University
Astronomical Observatory		Home address:
Box 515					Wennerbergsg. 11
S-751 20 Uppsala			S-754 21 Uppsala
Sweden					Sweden

Phone: +46 18 53 08 16			+46 18 24 13 42
Fax:   +46 18 52 75 83
Email: Johan.Warell@astro.uu.se