[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Next major shower

Sid & All,

The maximum being discussed was in 1999. Joe was giving the future times
to show how the time of maximum occurs approximately 6 hours later each
year.

In conclusion it seems that the Geminid maximum will occur anywhere from
1000 to 1800 UT which corresponds to 0500 to 1300 EST or 0200 to 1000
PST. It seems that the western portion of North America and the Pacific
region are favored this year.

Regardless of where you are the rates on Dec. 13/14 should still be
impressive.

Clear Skies!

Robert Lunsford