[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Response to Jim

Wow, Jim! great stuff.  I really appreciate you going to the effort of cranking out the data on the hypothetical burn.  I had only heard the term extinction used to describe atmospheric absorbtion. Of course with stars the inverse square law is not a factor if you're 30 miles closer :-).  Anyway, thanks again. I dont know what format your software is in and is probably over my head as it has been 30 years since I really applied my math but perhaps you could refer me to some elementary stuff along the lines of your reference to McKinley 1961 so that I might stretch my mind a bit.

For all who read this. Is anyone currently attempting triangulation of meteor burns. Would it be of value or merely redundent. I would entertain the possibility of trying it with a collaborator if it would represent a useful contribution.

Tom