[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #231

In a message dated 12/14/1999 3:28:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-meteorobs-digest@jovian.com writes:

<< Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:40:11 -0500 (EST)
 From: nmcleod@peganet.com
 Subject: (meteorobs) Re: Florida Geminids very iffy+vision

Norman:

A couple years ago a guy in one of my astronomy classes said that he was
color  blind, didn't know if he had ever seen color, and he could see stars
about 1 mag dimmer than anybody else in the class, including me.  I
speculated that he had more rod cells in place of the cone cells, just a
guess.

I wear bifoculs with a sharp boundary, am slightly astigmatic in my left eye
and a little nearsighted in by right "observing" eye.  I am thinking about
getting a pair of large framed glasses with only the distant correction just
for meteors.  What do others do about this situation?

Bob Young
Harrisburg PA