[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) meteors & lenses

Rob,

I have photographed meteors over the years (  sporadically  :-)   ) with 50mm , 28mm and this year 35mm lenses on my venerated Canon FT Ql. It appears you have opted for the 28mm as the most desirable. I would be interested in your experiences and criteria which led to the decision to go mainly with the 28mm lens. I haven't really settled on any particular lens yet but the review of photos (for esthetic purposes) in Sky & Tel from the Leonid shower of 1998 prompted me to try a 35mm this year. (I didnt bag any due to weather). For myself and the audience in general could you run down the pluses and minuses of these lenses from your experience.

Thanks, Tom