[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) curving meteors?

A friend has a picture of a Leonid that shows a definite curve at the end of its
flight.  This doesn't appear to be a drifting train, because the exposure wasn't
that long and only one small part of it was curved.  Is there any good
explanation for this?  The only thing that comes to my mind is that perhaps the
meteoroid was burning asymmetricly and this altered its aerodynamics, but I'm
unsure whether the average meteoroid is big enough to show any aerodynamic
effects.

--
Jim Shaffer, Jr.;     http://woodstock.uplinkdot net/~jshaffer
"Q:  How do you conclude a formal business letter to a cable company?