[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) NASA Space Science News

Nick is absolutly right about individual letters or e-mail.  As something of
a political activist (on the right about mining) I learned a little too.  Any
politician or bureaucrat gives much more weight to individual letters that
are written by the sender and not copies or reprints sent by a group or
"special interest." Yes, Dorothy, you too can become one of those horrible
"special intrests groups" you've read about.

     Once I had an idea that I sent to VP Gore via fax and I got a personal
response from one of the National Security Advisors, so it got to or near
the VP.  I'll call and ask for an individual to address letters and e-mail to
so someone can at least make a decision to advise VP Al Gore on the
problem. I would be very surprised if he would condon dropping this part
of "his " internet and mussing up the image of NASA. Letters form other
nations about this problem should interset Mr. Gore as it would demostrate
to him that we are no longer isolated individuals but an electronic
community or the world. He would like that, and it's true.

     We should send e-mails to Mr. Golden, I believe, and let him know  we
feel NASA Space Science News is a great direct contact between the space
agency, the people of the U.S. and a  science flagship for the United States to
the people of the world.

     I'll look up the name of the Senate chairman of the Science, Technology
and Space subcommitte, my Congress directory is out of date.

     I sincerely hope that we all can pull together and forget political divides
for this goal. I learned years ago that no matter what you may think of the
individuals holding an office, you sometimes have to work with them to
achieve your goals because they hold the power. To clear things up, I've
been somewhat distressed for the last seven years...and that's the last I
want to say about it here.

     Let's not jump the gun, we need to co-ordinate our actions for maxium
impact and we need to know what actions are yet to be taken by NASA. We
may consider contacting Mr. Golden first because decisions he may make
about the program.
                                                           Dave English
                                                           Oceanside, California

Follow-Ups: References: