[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs)MILITARY Tri-satellite formation...

There is a set of military satellites that fly in formation.  I can't remember
their name(s)  but I remember reading about them in a science magazine a few
days after my sons and I saw them one summer night a couple years ago.   We saw
three satellites moving in a triangle formation.  These satellites are unusual
in that they were heading from west to east.  I think that their position
relative to each other can be adjusted but I don't know for sure.  Does anyone
out there know more about these ?

(Also two satellites can be seen together sometimes when a docking is about to
occur, such as the shuttle approaching the hubble etc.)