[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) ice

I was intrigued by the comment that the icefall was coincident with a 'near collision' could it be that airplanes, like people, can lose control of their bladder in
near-death experiences?!
On another minor note, pure methane is without color or odor, it is only when mixed with organics that those other fragrances become noticible.
I wonder if cometary masses are carrying any complex organics - since comets are predominately early solar system material, it would seem the organics could only be those pre-existing in the primordial star forming gas cloud. I have seen some articles where some amino acids and hydrocarbon molecules have been found in star forming clouds like the Orion nebula but I believe these are of the more basic type.
Tom