[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) The Radioactive Yukon Meteorite

Hi All,
After reading the online story about the meteorite and the statement that the
Ranger/trooper was afraid to go look for it because of the radioactivity, I
shot an email off to the newspaper. I quickly received a reply from the
author (Chris Wattie) and I show it below. They thought they were just being
tongue in cheek.

<< Your comments were passed on to me, through the online feedback service.
 Thanks for taking the time to write in.
 I'm pretty sure that Cpl. Nagano was joking when she made the comment you
 quoted, which I thought I had made clear by pointing out she was laughing
 when she said it. I certainly know that there's no danger of radioactivity
 from meteorites and I'm fairly certain Cpl. Nagano knew it too.
 But perhaps I should have made that more clear. >>

Kevin K