[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Zodiacal light

Hi Lew & all,

Wow; I've not heard of the gegenshein or zodiacal band, ever. What is the
cause of these phenomena?

Also, don't forget about the moon's libration clouds, accumulations of
particles that gather at specific points in it's orbit. I learned about the
l.c. in the book "Astrophotography for the Amateur". A concerted web-search
to learn more about them, and even view an image, turned up very little.

Anyone have any experience here? What causes them?

om,
-joshua