[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) So Cal Twilite Fireball 4/12 7:43pm (local)

Hello Don,

About ten minutes after you made your fireball
sighting I came outside of the building I was working
in, and spotted to my due north a "contrail" that
looked very unusual to me.  This contrail went from
~60deg elev nearly straight down to the northern
horizon.  What was strange was that it appeared to be
closer to me the closer it came to the horizon, as
opposed to being closer to me at higher elevation in
the sky and going  farther away the closer it comes to
the horizon, as is usually the case with other
contrails.  Another oddity was that it had a large
twist in it (kinking to the east), but only the one
twist and it was right in the middle of the contrail.
Did you happen to see this same contrail?  It would
have been to your NW because I was in Pasadena at the
time.

It couldn't be related to your fireball because what
you saw went down in the "eastern horizon".  Right?