From: Sharkkb8@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 14:32:27 EDT
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Leonid "aerolites" of 1833, drawn in 1864
To: Beboutwebb@aol.com, meteorobs@jovian.com

>Then again, in 1865 perhaps the artist drew the meteors by stroking down
>with a quill and a glob of ink is simply where he started to draw the line.

I suspect that the print in question is a woodcut, in which the artist
"engraves" the surface of a plate with his design, and as such is very
carefully done. I think that the meteors' curious directions, TOWARD
the radiant, is certainly intentional, the artist just didn't know, for
debatable reasons, that this was the opposite of reality.

Gregory

------- End of Forwarded Message