[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) aerolites/reports

I observed the Leonids from Mallorca Spain last year
(plenty of them), and I also witnessed something
similar although only a few. about 7 of the LEOs
radiated from Leo were far to close to the radiant
which does not follow the distance of meteor to
radiant rule. Although I was not ay all experienced
then I recall thinking how close they were to Leo. The
only possibility I can think of is as you say
ricochets or SPOs, the only doubt I have with SPOs is
they seem to be following far to equal direction as
the LEOs.

Hopefully I should post some reports this week after
observing some ETAs, the only problem is I am at
school so night long observations are far to
difficult. This weekends observations + reports may be
more likely as I will go camping to watch the last of
the ETAs from a darker part of the isalnd.

Reply to camera e-mails:
Thanks everyone who sent camera suggestions, they
should be useful and you may see me posting some pics
to the mailing list or I may create a webpage with
them on.

Alex M'clintock