[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) RED LIGHT

> Now can you help me. My DRL lights will NOT shut off no matter what you do
> to them, and astronomers get really testy when you drive into the star
> party with the lights on. What can I do?

Well, this is also way off-topic but still of interest to many of us, so...

Many cars with daytime running lights (a scourge of the auto industry) will
respond to the following "trick": lift the emergency brake just ONE NOTCH,
too little to engage the brake. I neither recommend nor advise this, and of
course never for highway driving. But if you need to get around an enclosed,
level observing field without being battered by the Naglers and flashlights
hurled by your outraged fellow observers, this may help.

Clear skies!
Lew Gramer