[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) "Riding A Man-Made Meteor"

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 12:55:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: ken <questing_97501@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: (meteorobs) "Riding A Man-Made Meteor"
To: meteorobs@jovian.com

I observed a shuttle re-entry circa 1991, not
mentioned in the Oberg article. I Had been watching
NASA TV.  They decided to land at Edwards AFB.  The
ground track was out of the north, over Reno, Nevada,
about 200 miles east of my clear, cold, dark and quiet
location on lattitude N 41d 48m.  The passage occurred
about 3 am, Pacific Standard Time.

The shuttle passed about 35 degrees above the eastern
horizon.  A bright, yellowish-orange tail faded across
about 45 degrees behind the shuttle.  I heard no sound
(except maybe teeth chattering).

------- End of Forwarded Message