[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) OT

On 13 Sep 2000, at 23:32, Wayne T Hally wrote:

Good Morning Wayne,

> I'm only posting to the list since others might be interested. The
> software is available at  http://www.spacew.com
>
> It's called the STD Aurora Monitor.

It is a very good program.  I have had the full version for about 2
months now,and it gives lots of interesting information, from
weather maps, solar image info, aurora info, a chat area, and a
chance to post any sightings of aurora.

Well worth the money.  And the really neat thing is if you have your
system connected for a bit, you can say look at one of the soho
images and do an animation, which shows the evolution of a spot,
group, or flare.

And of course, amateurs can also do comet work with this
program, which Micheal Boschat has done, and has found at least
5 comets, or the count might be more now, correct me if I am
wrong Micheal.

Kim