[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Antihelian

Robert;
        Can one, while observing, come close to estimating the location
of the antihelion point by noting the point on the ecliptic at midnight
local mean solar time?  Similarly with some more difficulty, noting the
local meridian at sunset for apex,  if there are enough bright stars for
reference?  What I am calling "local mean solar time" is your standard
time, not daylight savings, corrected for your distance east or west of
the local prime meridian.  That may be stated inaccurately but I hope
you know what I mean; I do 8-)