[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Laser ruined further Draconid attempts........ :-(

Hi,

Yes, it did clear again later during last night; but no, I couldn't watch
for meteors. There's a laser operative from one of the neighbouring
villages. This started recently during a weekend and at that time I thought
it was temporary and connected to a celebration in a neighbouring village.
But given that it was active again last night, I'm affraid it is structural
and meant to lure visitors to some dancing or whatever. And it means my
opportunities for observing on friday and saturday nights directly from my
home are probably ruined from now on; impossible with a moving fan of laser
rays occupying the best part of your sky. And they ruin the sky for tens of
kilometers around, so no relief unless you move a considerable distance....
These lasers are real pests in the sky, they should be banned.

Marco      :-(

---
Marco Langbroek                    private: marcolan@stad.dsldot nl
Leiden University                     work: m.langbroek@arch.leidenunivdot nl
Faculty of Archaeology
P.O. Box 9515                         website: http://homes.dsldot nl/~marcolan
NL-2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands

"What seest thou else
  In the dark backward and abysm of time?"

William Shakespeare: The Tempest act I scene 2
---