[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Leonids in the news

Lafrano and All,

I would circle the night of November 16 on your calendar. If it is clear
then set your alarm for no later than 2:00am Friday morning November 17.
If your husband is really a fanatic he may wish to get up earlier and
drive to an rural area with less light pollution to better see the
display. The peak of the activity is expected near 3:00 am EST.

If it is cloudy Thursday night/Friday morning then try again at the same
time Saturday morning as there is the possibility of a repeat
performance.

As for a first telescope visit the following web site. It has all the
information you need to make an intelligent purchase.

http://www.scopereviews.com/

Good Luck!

Robert Lunsford