[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) color of night sky

I was very interested in Kim Youmans comments as an artist about the color
of the night sky.  Though I no longer paint I have some experience in that
field. You do not normally notice color unless it is very spectacular such
as a sunset for example. You normally even dream in black and white unless
color is the subject of the dream.  For years I saw the color of the
shadows in the gullies on the mountains above my house as a neutral dark
gray until I had my cataracts removed and  now they appear a distinct blue.
After all they are illuminated by the blue sky. It is a rare person that
would ask the question of what is the color of the night sky because it is
so subtle.  The answer I am sure is in the eyes of the beholder and the
condition of their eyes.

---
--- rendrag@earthlinkdot net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.