[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Orionids ruined from NE Florida

Hello all,
    Just the usual negative report on a major shower
due to very poor weather conditions over the St.
Augustine (N. Florida) area once again.  Although each
night during the Oct. 20/21 to 22/23 timeframe was
largely cloudless, excessive haze and fog combined
with the moonlight to make skies impossible to
effectively observe in.  I saw a grand total of two
Orionids in 15 mins of casual observation this morning
(22/23) just prior to morning twilight.  The Os are
usually VERY faint and elusive meteors even under
superb skies, they didn't stand a chance under the
crud we had!  HOPEFULLY, I'll be able to tell you all
something good for the upcoming LEONIDS!  Hope springs
eternal.  Paul Jones