[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: shimmers

>Now all we need is a photo to 'prove' it! The ones I saw would need an
>intensified system to see though, as the whole thing was rather faint (~4th
>mag?).

I almost got one earlier this year... While i was observing in Warwickshire
(UK) a beautiful -2 mag appeared just 5 minutes after my camera had been
pointing in its direction :((
It had all the characteristics previously mentioned(apart from its
exceptional magnitude !) ,slow,orange/golden in appearance and emitting a
trail of sparksdot it also left a short lived persistent train(lasting
approximately  1S)

It is one of my most memorable meteors so far,i just wish i hadn't pointed
that camera in the other direction !

Leo

Follow-Ups: References: