[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Conflicting info on Leonids as viewed from Australia.

To everyone in meteorobs

Would like to make an enquiry please.

I will be viewing this year's Leonids from Australia.
Unfortunately I have been given conflicting information on this year's
Leonids.

BRISBANE  PLANETARIUM - maximum on the mornings of  Nov 18, 19,  normal show
expected with even the chance of high activity / storm.

SYDNEY  OBSERVATORY  - maximum on the mornings of   Nov 17, 18 ( even as
early as the 16 th ), full moon here, less than normal activity expected,
the person that I spoke with said that they had spoken with Rob McNaught
last week.

I would very greatly appreciate it, if anyone would be able to direct me to
the most accurate information available for viewing from Australia please.

It was also mentioned to me by Sydney Observatory that the best place to
view this year will be from North America but that high numbers are not
predicted this year. Is this correct please ?

Thanks so much for any comments / assistance regarding my enquiry - it is
really appreciated !

With very best regards to everyone from ' Down Under ! '

Brigitte Humphries