[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids from Hawaii - Not much action as expected.

Hello list,

I just returned from an overnight observing session up on Haleakala
on Maui. I decided to do it last night rather than Friday night
because of uncertain weather coming in.
Of course, the mid-Pacific region was not favored for the Leonids
this year, so I was not surprised by the poor showing, despite good
observing conditions. The radiant rose here around 10:00 UT, about
2 hours past the expected peak time.

Below is my Quick report I submitted to IMO. A full detailed report
will be coming later.

I hope others will see some good action Friday night. For myself, I
will be catching up on sleep... Cant pull 2 all-nighter in a row
anymore!

Good Observing!
Mike Linnolt

======================
Observer: Mike Linnolt (LINMI)
Date: Nov. 17, 2000
LOC: Haleakala NP, Maui, HI (20° 40' N, 156° 20m W)

Begin End Teff  LM LEO others
0730-0752 0.33  6.6 0 5
0804-0836 0.50 6.6 0 10
0858-0933 0.50 6.1 1 7