[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids - colors?

I guess the subject of color has been of much debate.

Personally, EVERY SINGLE Leonid I've seen the past three years (and this
probably numbers 400-500 of them) has been a VERY distinct lime-green for their
entire tracks.

However, every Perseid and Geminid I've ever seen has been essentially
colorless, so it's not that I see all meteors that way.

And I saw a Taurid that was extremely orange pass a green Leonid going the
opposite direction about a moon-width apart at the exact same moment this
year...very cool looking.