[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids - colors?

Hello, Micheal and MeteorObs-er

In generally, photographs record meteor colors like "start out green then go to
the orangish-red color before terminating."

Meteor photograph expose longer time(10 seconds and so on) than eye-witness
(about 1/30 seconds).
So, I think your photographs recorded meteor trail, oxigen(green, 100km-hight)
lights and sodium(orange, 80km-hight) lights in atmosphere.

And human eyes can not recognize color of weak light, so less 2mag. meteor are
colorless.

**** Clear skies, Beautiful stars and Wonderful people! ****
$B@P;3>!B'(B(Ishiyama,Katsunori)
mail : ishiyama@writeme.com