[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 2000 Geminids from Maryland, US

Hello Everyone,
   I lucked out with very transparent, cloudless skies this a.m.(Dec12/13).
The moon was so bright, and my altitude (~240 ft/73 m) so low that limiting
magnitude was +4.  I observed from mostly rural McKendree, MD in the eastern
end of the state.  Wasington,DC is ~20 miles west of there.
   7:54-9:26 UT  Teff=1.53/ 1hr32min  Total Geminids=24, as follows:

    -3   -2  -1   0   1   2   3   4

     1    0   2   4   4   8   5   0
   I didn't see sporadics or other shower members.
   I look forward to swapping data and observing sagas with you all!

   Best wishes,
   Rich Taibi