[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Quadrantids

Robert,

You are correct that the radiant will only be approximately 47 degrees
in altitude at the start of morning twilight on January 3, 2001. Are
these very unfavorable conditions at this latitude? This is as good as
it's going to get at this latitude. You could opt for heading north and
raising the altitude but the further north you go the less chance you
have of encountering clear skies at this time of year. Besides it gets a
bit colder as you head north too!

At 47 degrees altitude you should see approximately 75% of the activity
produced. Of course this figure does not consider your limiting
magnitude or obstructions.

I hope this helps!

Bob Lunsford