[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Quadrantids in the West

The time of 12:00 on January 3, 2001 may favor the Western part of the
United States but it would appear to me that the high pressure that gave
us such favorable weather for the past week or so, and protected us from
the clouds over the Pacific, is weakening, opening up unfavorable
changes. My favorite map at this time is an animated visible which is
only available during daylight is:

http://www.wrh.noaadot gov/Oxnard/javaLinks/animation.4km.vis.html

It is slow to load since it downloads 8 frames, but it is worth it to me
to see the dynamics of the weather. I repeat it is visible and therefore
only of value when the West is sunlit.