[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) IMO says don't drink Hot Drink while Observing in the Cold

The one thing that would make me skeptical of the negative advice on hot drinks
is the explanation "they dilute the blood vessels and make you feel colder".
That rational is very unreasonable.  Surely one can experiment and decide for
themselves.  My own experience is from my youth in Ohio and winter back packing
in the Sierras not to mention skiing.  I have never noticed that drinking hot
drinks on the trail made me feel colder.  Quite the contrary.  However they do
fog up your glasses and goggles. 8-)