[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) express list? too much information?

Clint, our list is really focused on how, when and why to observe meteors
("shooting stars"). We're not a general astronomy list, although if someone is
just getting started in astronomy - and they are interested in shooting stars,
which are a GREAT way to get to know the night sky - then we try to give them as
much assistance as possible. Of course, among the assistance to newcomers, we
also engage in some fairly technical discussions about the "science stuff"! :)

As for an "express list", we DO provide a Digest version: one or two emails a
day packed with all posts for that day, instead of many individual emails. If
you or anyone is interested in being on the Digest, please just contact me
privately at address 'dedalus@latrade.com' and I'll happily move you to it.

However if you are really interested in other areas of the hobby of astronomy
rather than meteors, and you want to find a source of more general information,
you might consider starting with some of the following sites and the many links
they provide to resources for the newcomer to amateur astronomy:

    http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/links.html

    http://www.skypub.com

    http://www.astronomy.com

Clear skies!