[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Lunar eclipse impresions

Bouk dej!

	Four of us (Luna-tics) drove to a nearby hill to observe the lunar
eclipse. I'll be short with the details as more detailed results are on our
page. We estimated the Danjon value during the mid-eclipse at 2.8, somewhat
brighter than the Jan 21 2000 eclipse. We also estimated the Moon's
magnitude with reversed 7x50 binoculars and bucko (don't ask...) amd found
the magnitude during mid-eclipse to be around -1.4. A graph with the Lunar
magnitude will be posted on our homepage. We also estimated the naked eye
limiting magnitude during the eclipse - it fell from about 5.0-5.5 to 6.5-7.0.
	At the end, 20 minutes after the end of total eclipse some clouds rolled
in from behind the hill and within 2 minutes rain stared to pour down. No
time for group photos :(
But we sure broke the world record in packing the equipment!
	This was the last time we liked the Moon until May 16, 2003! Better luck
then .)

CS!

J&J&J
http://www.orion-drustvodot si/MBKTeam