[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) radio question

Title: radio question

This is sort of directed toward Hiroshi (thanks for writing), but of course, everyone is welcome to respond.

I've been wondering about the sensitivity of radio observations.  I haven't really done any reading other than what's been posted on the list, but I'm becoming more and more interested as you guys talk about it.  At what distance can a meteor be detected?  If it's bigger does it produce a stronger signal?  What if it's faster?  Most importantly (at least, in this email), if I see a 6th or 7th magnitude meteor go by, can the radio detect it?

Take your time...  I'm sure the answers would take volumes.  A simple "go look it up" will do fine!  :o)

--Terry