[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hot Meteorite

Hello:

> How probable is it that a meteorite would be so hot that
> a person "using potholders, had to put it down 3 times"
> to carry it out of the house"?
> Sincerely,
> Barbara Wilson

 The only thing I ever read was that a meteorite is warm to the
touch and if you were able to break it open it would be ice cold
inside because the heat would not have had time to go all the way
into it as it was in the atmosphere. I'm assuming this is for iron
meteorites but could be different for stony and stony-irons.
Also a meteorite would not cause a fire or be burning on the ground
as seen in movies.

My .02 cents

--
Clear skies